• Phone : 020 7100 1227

Base Building Consultancy can prepare detailed planning applications for various types of projects, ranging from small entrance canopies to large scale industrial developments.

We can also deal with change of use planning applications, changing commercial office space to residential usage or vice versa. We can also advise you on permitted development under the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (No.2) (England) Order 2008 and whether your alteration will require planning permission.

Planning Applications – Outline Planning Permission
Outline planning permission, is the least detailed planning application that can be applied for. Only basic site plans, showing where the proposed buildings are to be constructed, and basic usage and density.

Elevations drawings should not be required and information such as types of materials the building will be constructed from, would be dealt with by reserved matters. These are useful for developers, when proposing large scale developments, as outline planning can achieved without the major expense and time implications that can occur with full detailed planning applications.

Planning Applications – Full Detailed Planning Permission
Full detailed planning applications, as the name implies, requires detailed information to be submitted with the application. Plans of buildings, elevations and sections will need to be submitted with the application. Other information will include details of the materials to be used in the construction, design and access statements, flood risk assessments and environmental impact statements.

Planning Applications – Listed Building Consent
Any alterations to a listed building will require a listed building consent application, prior to any alterations taking place.

It is a criminal offence to carry out alterations to listed building without a listing building consent. The application is fairly onerous and will require detailed information and method statement for relatively minor alterations. The application will be reviewed and dealt with by the local authority’s conservation officer.

Planning Applications – Conservation Area Consent Properties or proposed new developments located within a conservation area, will require conservation area consent.

Conservation consent deals primarily with the appearance of the property or alteration and the conservation officer will assess the proposals in regard to the general appearance of the conservation area. If the proposals are too radical and they do not fit within the existing street scene then the consent may be not granted.